Ron Paul: The Tonight Show or Campaign Rally?

December 17th, 2011 2:19 am  |  by  |  Published in Civil Liberties, Constitution, Drugs, Election, Environment, Foreign Policy, Liberty, Maven Commentary, Politics, Ron Paul, states rights, Taxes  |  33 Responses

Last night Ron Paul appeared on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno. As a big Ron Paul supporter it was surreal. Leno kept him on for 3 interview segments. Almost every single thing Ron Paul said was met with loud cheers. Comedian/Fear Factor Host/Podcaster Joe Rogan was Leno’s next guest. He came out wearing a Ron Paul shirt. Leno asked Joe, “What part of his [Ron Paul's] platform do you like?” Rogan replied, “Every single thing that comes out of his mouth. I go yeah, YEAH, FINALLY!”

This was not just an appearance on a late night talk show. This was a Ron Paul campaign rally.

During the final interview segment with Paul, Leno asked him his thoughts on the other candidates and went down the list by name. When he got to Bachmann, Ron Paul replied, “She doesn’t like Muslims. She hates Muslims. She wants to go get them.” This probably didn’t win him any neo-conservative supporters. Then he doubled down on this when he replied similarly about Santorum saying he doesn’t like “gay people and Muslims.”  Wow. I can’t imagine that Santorum and Bachmann won’t issue a counter-attack soon.

This just further cements my point in previous articles. Ron Paul can and would beat Obama in the general election. His more difficult win is in the GOP primary.

During the appearance Twitter was about 99% positive about Ron Paul, including many tweets saying things like, “I wasn’t sure before, but now I’m definitely voting for Ron Paul.”

Now we can sit back and monitor how the pundits and other candidates react, if they react at all.

See the entire appearance below in 4 parts.

Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4

Responses

1. thetruth says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:40 am (#)

Ron Paul rocked that show. It just goes to show you he is the REAL deal.

Faux News can try and spin him off as not a contender but Ron Paul has something the rest don't, passionate supporters, who will work 10x harder and stand by him. Once you go Paul you never go AWOL!

2. LevIC says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:42 am (#)

This was incredible. I just can't believe that a front-runner in the republican presidential primaries is openly defending Muslims in any way. This is what it must have been like when people first started openly condemning racism back in the day.

I'm not sure what will happen in Iowa or in the primaries in general but this man's campaign might have a huge impact on the future of the republican party.

3. 27Reasons says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:49 am (#)

I normally don't care for Leno, but admittedly I tuned in to see how he'd treat Ron Paul. I was SHOCKED! Leno gave him ample time to speak and was classy throughout the interview. The crowd was wild for Paul and being followed by Rogan was perfect. This comedic latenight talkshow spot was the fairest main stream attention given to Paul that I've seen yet, and amounted to a great appearance. A sizable group of people who pay little to no real attention to politics caught a rare glimpse of the true Ron Paul. We're winning all the small battles and picking up steam everyday people.

4. Refuse2fail says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:51 am (#)

RON PAUL in 2012 = The path back to American Liberty

5. Samantha Jean says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:53 am (#)

Thanks so much for the video links, because they are currently unlisted…is there any way you can reproduce these on youtube so that they can be viewed by everyone?!

RON PAUL 2012, Last Chance for Freedom!

6. Refuse2fail says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:55 am (#)

Until NBC pulls them off…..

7. MrSnrub says:

December 17th, 2011 at 4:24 am (#)

Excellent show, Ron really got the message out tonight, and the money bomb is going well (you should donate if you haven't already!) many thanks to Jay and the Tonight Show for showing the Paul Campaign some love! Great Job Dr. Paul, and fellow Paul supporters!

8. Guest says:

December 17th, 2011 at 5:02 am (#)

They're now available on the web site of The Tonight Show, http://www.nbc.com/the-tonight-show/video/ , in 4 parts.

Also, the guest after Ron Paul, Joe Rogan, shows up in a Ron Paul sweatshirt!

9. Guest says:

December 17th, 2011 at 5:02 am (#)

Also, the guest after Ron Paul, Joe Rogan, shows up in a Ron Paul sweatshirt!

10. Guest says:

December 17th, 2011 at 5:02 am (#)

Also, the guest after Ron Paul, Joe Rogan, shows up in a Ron Paul sweatshirt!

11. Guest says:

December 17th, 2011 at 5:02 am (#)

Also, the guest after Ron Paul, Joe Rogan, shows up in a Ron Paul sweatshirt!

12. Guest says:

December 17th, 2011 at 5:02 am (#)

Also, the guest after Ron Paul, Joe Rogan, shows up in a Ron Paul sweatshirt!

13. Bradley E. Owens says:

December 17th, 2011 at 7:59 am (#)

I am a conservative Democratic convert. I now consider myself Independent and I will be voting for Dr. Paul in the primary in Georgia this March. It is true what you said, I now support the man and his ideas, not the best party hack in the crowd. I am making sure I take TEN votes with me to the polls. I will convince my family to vote for Paul if I can, but I pledge to deliver at least ten votes for this man.

14. Bradley E. Owens says:

December 17th, 2011 at 8:00 am (#)

It is the small battles that win larger campaigns and then the war.

15. Vote4RonPaul says:

December 17th, 2011 at 10:42 am (#)

You are a true Patriot my friend! Each one of us should do the same or more.

16. LibertyLover says:

December 17th, 2011 at 10:43 am (#)

Love, love, love this man!

Ron Paul's campaign manager has announced that he has extended the December 16 Money Bomb to continue throughout the weekend. If you haven't yet done so or you have more to give please take the time to do so now. Liberty is our destination. Ron Paul will take us there.

* ~ * Go to ronpaul2012 . com to donate. * ~ *

Get your Christmas gifts there as well all proceeds for the sales count as a donation.

17. LibertyLover says:

December 17th, 2011 at 10:52 am (#)

Youtube this:

Ron Paul & Joe Rogan on the Tonight Show w/ Jay Leno

It's on the RonPaulFriends2 channel on Youtube.

18. Nina Nona says:

December 17th, 2011 at 10:55 am (#)

Are you for real? Defending Muslims, come on. You probably believe in the 9/11 hoax.

19. refuse2fail says:

December 17th, 2011 at 11:24 am (#)

I'm hardly able to pay all of my bills, living paycheck to paycheck, but I've still been able to donate $20.12 for each of his money bombs so far. Please consider doing the same. Ron Paul is the only candidate capable of steering this country back in the right direction. Do it for your kids and your grandkids!

20. Truth Hurts says:

December 17th, 2011 at 11:26 am (#)

Are you for real? Are you blaming Muslims, come on. You probably are a racist idiot.

21. RShirtz says:

December 17th, 2011 at 12:25 pm (#)

Would defending Muslims today be equivalent to being a "Nigger Lover" in 1960's because you were for civil rights and MLK? I hope not!

22. JJohnson says:

December 17th, 2011 at 1:41 pm (#)

Ron Paul is pro-Constitution. He therefore supports freedom of religion and that includes Muslims. Dr Paul realizes the 9/11 attacks were carried out by a group of people having warped ideas of Muslim beliefs. We shouldn't hate Muslims, but we should hate the ACTIONS of people who do terrible things regardless of their religion, race, gender, etc.

23. JJohnson says:

December 17th, 2011 at 1:45 pm (#)

Go Ron Paul!

24. anarchteacher says:

December 17th, 2011 at 1:53 pm (#)

Only Ron Paul, of all the presidential candidates of both major parties, has repeatedly spoken out clearly and forcefully against the belligerent war propaganda and calculated lies in the bipartisan lead up to war with Iran, against the bipartisan campaign for punitive sanctions against Iran, and against further covert operations to destabilize the fragile geopolitical situation in the Mideast. He is not afraid to speak truth to power, which is why he is greatly admired by stalwart GOP conservatives, grass-roots tea party activists, independents, and disillusioned Obama Democrats. As Dr. Paul points out: "Freedom brings us together."

The principled constitutionalist and noninterventionist Paul was right from the start about our disastrous preemptive imperial wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, right from the start about the destructive 'blowback' fomenting more hatred directed towards America, right from the start about the Federal Reserve's monetary policies creating the housing bubble which led to the 2008 financial meltdown, right from the start about the War on Drugs, the USA Patriot Act and the TSA imposing a police state upon the American people.

Ron Paul 2012. Right Then. Right Now. Right For America.

25. jessi says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:06 pm (#)

I am a Dem too, and I am voting for Dr. Paul !!!!!!!!!!!!! lets all be blue republicans!!!!!

26. Tim Hall says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:16 pm (#)

Me too! I'm a former neocon from GA (primarily because that's all the Republican party ever has as candidates). I listened to Dr. Paul and immediately knew that I'd never be the same politically. Let's work together to win GA for Dr. Paul by educating others. I personally have 2 people who have agreed with me about Dr. Paul and if I have to personally drive them to the polls, I will! 10% becomes 20% or even 30% really fast if we work together to inform folks.

27. Bradley E. Owens says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:58 pm (#)

Thanks, feels good to be voting FOR someone and not picking the lesser evil.

28. Bradley E. Owens says:

December 17th, 2011 at 2:59 pm (#)

Dr. Paul is making sense and is the only change agent in the race this year.

29. Bradley E. Owens says:

December 17th, 2011 at 3:00 pm (#)

I have 16 committed folks so far. If everyone reached out and talked to just their families, we could make this happen.

30. Lucifers Taxi says:

December 17th, 2011 at 4:23 pm (#)

'It isn't who votes that counts- it's who counts the votes!' (And if they can hotwire the Diebold voting machines- which have no paper record- to get George Bush elected, then they can do exactly the same thing in order to replace Barack Obongo. )
    Come to think of it- there is still plenty of time before the election, for Obongo's handlers to give us WW3.

31. t brown says:

December 17th, 2011 at 6:36 pm (#)

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate of either party who is a scholar and statesman – he Studies the issues and takes well-informed and intelligent stances on All of them. For 30 years, he has never waivered on his stances about liberty, personal freedoms, fiscal responsibility and foreign relations (on the latter, shills wrongly say he's an isolationist – this is not true; he Always states that we should be vibrant trading partners will all nations, rather than bombing them).
    As supported by all the above comments, RonPaul 2012 is the ONLY hope for America.

32. KidLiberty says:

December 19th, 2011 at 5:58 pm (#)

watch?v=VMUZIVYuluc&feature=related

33. Julie says:

December 23rd, 2011 at 12:54 am (#)

Ron Paul YES YES YES, a breath of fresh air instead of the liars in Washington.